Orgvue case study: Britam Insurance
Britam is a financial services group with operations in seven countries across Eastern and Southern Africa. To maintain its leadership position in a competitive market, the company sought to improve process efficiency, cut overhead costs, and reduce the number of organizational layers. Read this Orgvue case study to learn more about how Britam did this.
Using Orgvue to manage change and a restructure
Britam is a financial services group with operations in seven countries across Eastern and Southern Africa. To maintain its leadership position in a competitive market, the company sought to improve process efficiency, cut overhead costs, and reduce the number of organizational layers.
Saving on labor costs
Saving on managerial and overhead costs
Reduction in organizational layers
I can’t say strongly enough how happy I am with what Orgvue has been able to deliver. We’ve already saved close to $5 million on labor and overheads, and expect save another $1.5 million over the coming year.
- A need for change and restructuring
- Britam faced a growing workload, increased backlogs, and rising costs, despite having a stable client base.
- Data on existing operations was fragmented and unreliable.
- Although it had mapped up to 14,000 activities, the company was unable to process and analyze the data with the conventional tools it had.
- Though hierarchy and headcount data were broadly correct, they could not accurately calculate spans of control, identify process costs and non-value adding tasks, or determine who was responsible for which tasks.
- Refining organizational design
- Britam used Orgvue to cleanse and aggregate data on tasks, identify process costs, and propose clear options for simplifying the organizational structure.
- Through activity analysis, it was able to identify fractured responsibility for numerous tasks.
- With Orgvue, Britam was able to redesign roles and allocate work to the most relevant roles. It was also able to produce job descriptions that listed tasks in detail, facilitating a better people match.
- Management can now plan the organization’s future with a clear understanding of activity costs, process improvement possibilities, how to better assign responsibilities, and how to refine their organizational design.
Request your free demo
Design your business of tomorrow, today. Discover what Orgvue can do for your organization first-hand.